The Roundponds project is intended to operate under certain conditions in order to respond to network’s frequency fluctuations (FFR) as well as to participate in Triad avoidance Capacity Market (CM) dispatch.
The capacities of the site are 20 MW export / 10 MW import respectively.
The project is a 20 MW electrical installation, with the following main components :
Electrical Equipment System:
- Nine (9) inverters 2475kVA nominal power each
- Nine (9) production Transformers 2500kVA nominal power each
- Four (4) load banks 2000 kW nominal power each
- Twenty (20) diesel engines 500kW / 625 KVA each
BESS- Battery Energy Storage System:
- 9 Li-ion Battery Banks from 2MW up to 2.45MW, capacity from 1.996,3kWh up to 3.992,6kWh, total project capacity 25.844,9kWh
- EMS- Energy Management System
A “turn -key” control system solution has been designed for the purposes of providing frequency regulation, grid support and capacity – on -demand services in accordance with the terms of the Contract and any other services that the National Grid may put out to tender in the UK.