PROJECT MANAGER – CHILE
METKA EGN, is hiring for Project Manager position for the construction of PV plants in Chile. Project Manager is the main Administrator of the project, oversees all construction activities, allocates and coordinates internal and external resources, (engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, etc) for the flawless, on-time and on-budget execution of the Project(s). He is the contact person on behalf of METKA-EGN and provides all reporting towards the client and secure that all Contractual requirements are met.
He reports to the EPC director and performs his activities in accordance to his instructions.
- Performs Contractual Management and secures all contractual obligations are satisfied
- Reviews the Execution Study and ensures the execution of the Project according to the Agreed time schedule, the Execution Study and the Approved Budget
- Intervenes and provides solutions in case of time deviations
- Plans and oversee all installation activities on daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Keeps records of the scheduled/non-scheduled activities
- Keep construction logs and report on daily activities
- Manages Execution Deviations in cooperation with the Engineering Department.
- Ensures the execution of the Project within the budget
- Ensure that the budget does not suffer unnecessary costs and updates/warns
- Ensures that all Project Team members (engineers, staff) are doing their job properly
- Allocate workload and supervise staff
- Identify resources to perform installation or supply activities
- Conducts RFQ for 3rd party Suppliers-Subcontractors per the Approved Design
- Keeps record of all 3rd party activities
- Check and approves (or not) invoices received from 3rd parties
- Monitor expenses and control the budget of the project
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with local Rules and regulations
- Ensure permits are up to date
- Ensure compliance of the activities with local rules and regulations
- Updates staff contracts and selects personnel
- Evaluate personnel’s technical knowledge and intervene by proposing specific training to cover technical aspects
- Schedule training of the staff to secure that the technical level is high
- Create regular monthly/quarterly/yearly reports
- Performs the Materials Management
- Updates Server files and keeps electronic backup of all the activities
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage day to day activities
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Cooperates with Legal Advisor for employment issues, and local contracts
- Budgetary responsibility: POs up to USD 5k without approval from Director/GM, Project cost USD 85M.
- Specific KPls (measurable value of progress – setting targets): Budget savings, timely plant connection and PAC, Quality of Works executed, Bi-weekly financial reporting, weekly Work Progress reporting, Client feedback
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering (Civil or Electrical)
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD, MS Office, MS Project
- Proven track record: Minimum 4 years of working experience in Project Manager position in Solar PV or Construction Industry. Knowledge of the Chilean market is considered an advantage.
- Certifications, professional memberships in PV plant Construction, Interconnection and Permitting Procedures, Contractual management, Personnel management
- English and Spanish required in excellent level
- Working Conditions/Operating Environment: Office based with frequent (weekly) site visits/Site based for projects larger than 30MW and depending on the location/distance from the offices
- Direct reports: 6 to 7 (e.g. Site Managers, QA/QC, Environmental/Permitting, Interconnection, H&S)
- Overall total reports: 25 to 30
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Santiago/Antofagasta – Chile
CV’s can be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including as a subject the position code “PM-Chile”. Important to mention in the body of the email availability and economical expectations.