SENIOR SOLAR PROJECT MANAGER
METKA EGN is seeking an experienced Solar Project Manager to join the construction management team. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the assigned PV projects throughout its life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimizing risks and maximizing margins on a variety of solar energy projects across Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. The Project Manager will report directly to the COO.
- Work with the engineering team to conduct site investigation and assess the technical feasibility of developing a specific solar PV project.
- Draft the scope of work and estimate the respective project budget.
- Create and distribute RFPs to potential EPC subcontractors, establish evaluation metrics, and select winning proposals.
- Manage contract negotiations, change orders, and other agreements with EPC subcontractors and vendors, and oversee all subcontractors’ work in all phases.
- Develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for project’s success.
- Communicate with utilities and authority having jurisdictions regarding interconnection, permitting, and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering fields.
- Proven track record of 5+ years of solar project management experience, including ground mount projects over 10 MW.
- Electrical Licensing strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of National Electrical Code, solar permitting, and other PV system regulatory codes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, self-motivated with demonstrated problem-solving capability.
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to details and accuracy.
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented.
- Fluent in English is a prerequisite, Spanish or French considered a plus.
- Flexibility to travel to project sites in various locations whenever necessary and/or stay abroad for long periods of time.
- Various locations available worldwide