The Alpha Project consists of three different sites (Lockleaze, Littlebrook, Rufford), and is intended to operate under certain conditions in order to respond to network’s frequency fluctuations (FFR) as well as to participate in Triad avoidance Capacity Market (CM) dispatch (future service).
The import/export capacities of Lockleaze site are 15.4MW export/15MW import.
Lockleaze consists of:
Electrical Equipment System:
- Seven (7) inverters 2200kVA each
- Seven (7) production Transformers 2200kVA each
- Seven (7) load banks 2000 kW each
BESS- Battery Energy Storage System:
- 7 Li-ion Battery Banks of 2.306MWp each, with total energy capacity of 11,770.29kWh
- EMS- Energy Management System
A “turn-key” control system solution is designed for the purposes of providing frequency regulation, grid balancing and capacity-on-demand services in accordance with the terms of the Contract and any other services that the National Grid may put out to tender in the UK.